|Payment options:||Upfront (discount), 19+ loans, instalments|
|Course formats:||Full-time, part-time|
|Awarded by:||Active IQ|
|Locations:||London, Birmingham, Walsall, Manchester, Liverpool, Bolton, Edinburgh, Crawley, York|
Our Level 3 Personal Trainer course will prepare you for a rewarding career as a fitness professional. This nationally recognised qualification is accredited by Active IQ and will provide you with the knowledge, skills and tools to work in a variety of gym environments or run your own successful business as a Personal Trainer. You will be qualified to register with REPs. This course qualifies you for an Advanced Learner Loan if you are 19years and have lived in England for 3 years.
Choose how to study
Part-time: Once you have booked your course you will plan your study with one of our support tutors, ensuring adequate time and preparation for your practical course days. Dates will be agreed for coursework deadlines and telephone appointments will be made to allow tutors to give you regular feedback on the work that you submit and support you with your learning through one-to-one revision sessions.
Once you have completed your home study you will attend the practical days at your choice of Focus Training centre. These fun and challenging days will allow you to practice your teaching skills using the latest equipment, whilst receiving support and guidance from our expert tutors.
Most learners take 6-9 months to complete this course.
Full-time: You will attend 16 days (Monday-Thursday) over 4 weeks, full-time (9am-5pm). This will provide support for completion of your worksheet units, case studies and theoretical and practical assessments.
You will study a variety of topics that will teach to be a great personal trainer. These include:
• Advanced anatomy and physiology
• Advanced cardiovascular training methods
• Advanced resistance training methods
• Movement screening – postural assessment and overhead squat assessment
• SMART goal setting
• Progressive exercise programming
• Teaching exercise outdoors
• Olympic lifting techniques
• Plyometric and motor skill development
• Functional core stability training
• PNF stretching
• Nutritional basis of healthy eating
• Analysis of food labels
• Eating for energy
• Analysis of food diaries
• Passive fitness assessments including blood pressure testing
• Active fitness assessments including movement screening and endurance assessment